Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Oh just another day or days

It began Sunday, and not until 8pm last night did I finally feel a sense of temporary relief.

Mom began another episode on Sunday morning and would not stop pacing, constantly misplacing things, and looking for things that did not exist.  She would not stop asking me the same questions, and I could not catch a break.  I already know by now that there is NOTHING I can do to calm her because although I knew that, I still tried and again...nothing worked so I decided to stop wasting my energy and just went about my day with mom asking me random questions over and over again, and me trying to find an answer that would satisfy her.

Cell phone, out of purse.
TV remote into purse.
Glass of water from kitchen
pacing
No nap
Cell phone, back in purse.
pacing
Picture frames into purse.
Another glass of water from kitchen.
pacing

Repeat....
non-stop repetition.

No sleep - in bed by 1 am, gets up at 2 am, 3 am, and 5 am

Monday morning - I'm exhausted, but the provider is here so I don't deal with mom.  I leave the house and have breakfast then home by 1pm to relieve the provider.

SAME actions, still no nap.  At least mom has eaten quite a bit - whatever I serve her and everything on her plate, so no major complaints.

8 pm comes along, and something I said triggered mom, I ask her to get into bed and she does, and I sit by her side, say prayers with her eyes closed, and she falls asleep.

Today, Tuesday - Mom exhausted as expected, but still gave provider instructions to get her up early for breakfast, shower and yoga - she took a nap and was waken up to have lunch and play Chalupa.

I on the other hand am enjoying my day on the sofa watching movies.

Et al

No comments:

Post a Comment