Wednesday, February 26, 2014

That Place

Thank you for following and staying up to date with my blog, photos, fb page and my posts. A lot of the times when I'm writing my posts, I'm coming from a place a lot of you have probably been, but I honestly believe that I'm more familiar with "that place"  because that place has now molded itself into a piece of who I am today, because in the past 4 years mom has lived with us, "that place" has become something I've coped with and have accepted as a part of me that won't ever leave me. I try going through the days being who I am, but also trying to see mom from the reflection of her illness. I am me, struggling to see what my mother has been robbed of.

I live in that place of rainbows in gloom
Color in specks of gray
I live in that memory far far away
Where she sits, where she lays...in a field of cotton 
Where thoughts are alive and not forgotten.


EV.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy your writing. you word it so perfectly that I can imagine being there with your mom and watching her struggles... I know that Jacob get his creative writing from you and from Dave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marina - thank you so much for supporting my blog and for thinking of my mother and for sharing that priceless comment with me about Jacob! That means so much to me. Thank you :)

      Delete