Friday, August 1, 2014

Today

Picked green peppers from our back yard and made a veggie omelette for breakfast. Summer is almost coming to an end, looking forward to the fall, but I'll miss Robert as he goes back to teaching, and Moses as he's back to his full time schedule with work and school.

After breakfast, hubby and I went to see a 3D movie at the Bistro, it was good...I laughed a lot, and we shared some nachos. It was fun.

Moses spent the entire morning, and afternoon trying to renew his lost license, this should be a lesson the be extra careful when it comes to these things; he was at the dmv for 4 hours, but had to leave to be at work on time so he will have to go back on Monday.  It's part of growing up I guess.

Made mom a sandwich and some cucumber juice for lunch while Robert spent time with the dogs.  After mom finished her lunch, she took a nap and I laid down to do some reading by the window in my bedroom. It's been hot lately in the 100's, but the day light is perfect for reading. I can't read by artificial light, I've tried and it's too distracting, gives me headaches. Robert will often find me reading in the dark, a dim lamp is ok, but overhead light messes with me.

Mom got up from an hour nap and was hungry again, I gave her some homemade yogurt with honey and we did a little yoga; she complained as usual. Yoga and exercises are getting harder for her, she has pretty bad balance, is snarky, and has trouble moving around in general.

Some good friends gave us some gift certificates to some restaurants so we all had take out from Santa Fe Steakhouse for dinner; they have the best calamari and I opened a bottle of champagne, we finished that and sat down to watch a movie. Mom was not in the best mood so I was dealing with her confusion, she wouldn't stop asking us the same questions and started pacing so we turned off the movie while I took a walk with her, helped her in the restroom then put her in bed to watch tv for an hour, before I put her diaper on her then falls asleep.

I hope mom stays in bed tonight;  I'm pretty tired myself. The rest of our evening will be spent sitting by the pool then a movie in bed if all is well, but you never know.  Goodnight friends.




No comments:

Post a Comment