Friday, March 14, 2014

Don't call me mom

Mom recently spent 4 days with her sis while my husband and I got to enjoy some R&R and much needed time together. My aunt enjoyed having mom there as much as mom enjoyed her company, but she had alot of difficulties.  Mom wouldn't take her Meds,  argued about taking showers and unfortunately she had an episode. My aunt explained how worn out she felt especially since mom didn't sleep one night... been there many times. I feel bad for my aunt,  but she was do understanding and explained that it hit her emotionally,  spiritually and physically. ..yep. Since mom had been home, she had napped, had dinner,  took Meds, watched tv,  had dessert and washed up before bed.

After I put mom to bed, she got up a few more times...the first time she got u.p I gave her some yogurt and fruit for a snack. We sat in her room a little and she laid down again.  mi.mutes later, she came into my room asking where I was. I'm here I told her....walked her to her room and out her in bed again, this time with prayers.  10:45 p.m. She got up again, she was standing in the living room, I took her by the hand and tucked her into bed. Goodnight mom I said...no, good night mommy she told me.

Don't call me mom

Walls hold us inside of this world we're supposed to know as reality.

It's suffocating and dreary.
I'm alone an teary.

Your hands are tiny bony digits that shake and tremble.

I'm a broken doll, never been assembled.

You call me mom, but I'm no figure to the only mother I've ever known

...a daughter to the great unknown.


No comments:

Post a Comment