Thursday, June 20, 2013

Mom has Vascular Dementia?

When I first found out mom had Dementia I didn't cry.  I wasn't worried, I wasn't in dismay...I just kept going to work and taking care of my family.  I treated mom as if she was a room mate living in my house.  I made up chores to keep her busy, she helped me prepare dinner and she was my shopping buddy.  It wasn't until I opened my eyes that  I realized that mom was a danger to herself.  Some days I'd come home for my lunch hour the stove would be on, or the kitchen faucet would be running with mom asleep in her room.

I didn't know what to think, mom was still young!  Months before she moved in with me she was biking miles and running races; she was physically active, fit, lived on her own, cooked her own meals, had friends and managed her own finances.

Little did I realize that mom's responsibilities would eventually turn into my responsibilities.  Little by little her ability to pay bills, or do anything at all just dwindled.  Mom could no longer cook a meal, she couldn't do a load of laundry or write a letter and mail it out if she needed. Mom carried a blankness in her eyes and a causticness in her soul; I was worried for her.

As her oldest daughter I felt the need to find her help.  With no help available, I had make a decision to leave my job and act as her caregiver so knowing there was no other option, I resigned from a job that I both needed and wanted.  I said goodbye to a salary, to years of hard work and independence.

After realizing I was leaving my job to care for my mother full-time, reality set in along with the tears, but never on anyone's shoulder; it was a lonely cry, a bitter coldness; I felt alone. I cried behind closed doors, at my desk, in my car; I constantly cried when I was alone, it was my only comfort;  I cried when someone asked me why I was leaving my job, or what was wrong with my mother.  I tried not to cry, but at this point it was uncontrollable, especially knowing that there is no cure for dementia.

It's been 7 months since I've left my job, and there has been a lot of changes from day 1 to now.  Doctors had mom on several medications and dealing with the side effects was a scary thing!  Delusions are not fun, I describe them as day terrors.  I thought these imaginary happenings and people mom was dealing with and experiencing were all a part of the mental deterioration of her disease, but after researching the meds, it turned out to be side effects and since then has been under control for the most part. Thank god!

I said good bye to a lot of things, and day to day am realizing just how much I've said goodbye to. In the big picture it's all been worth it although I still cry on some days, but sadly not realizing why I'm crying.  Am I crying because my mother is completely dependent on me, am I crying because mom has limited time and I'm dreading the last stages of her disease, and I crying out of fear, and loneliness?  I don't know, but there are some moments when crying is my only gateway to a clear mind so I just let myself. Shedding a few tears is worth the quality of life she has been given by my family.  Where would I be without them?

Smile Momma!  I love you!

1 comment:

  1. My dad was diagnosed with Alzheimer's diseases this neuron disease started 25 years before being revealed it was trigged the moment we started eating sugars including any and almost all carbs that break down to glycerol,and he was placed on the best  medical treatment approved by united states,(FDA) he has been taking Cholinesterase,Memantine to treat his memory lose,confusion and the problems with his thinking and reasoning.just to help slow the progression and manage the symptoms,as no cure exists I read through with interest. I once believed Alzheimer disease has no cure. Well it is true with English medicine, but not with herbal medicine. My Dad experience opened my eyes to the reality of a cure through herbs. My Father was a vibrant man before his encounter with Alzheimer. He was a scientist, hence his mental capability was never in doubt. In 2013, he was diagnosed with Alzheimer. The symptoms manifested through repeating conversation and gradually forgetting things. It became progressive from finding the right words during conversation, to significant confusion and forgetting details about himself. It was not a good experience, seeing your father whose brilliance had no match, totally became a shadow of himself. His doctors said the disease has no cure, just medications for treatment which had a lot of side effects were administered to him. Early 2016, while on the internet, I bumped into a story of Alzheimer, and I read about a cure through herbs with interest. I researched more to be sure it was not a hoax.  In my quest, Doctor James herbal mix medicine was mentioned in the testimony. I contacted him on his email that was provided  (drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com)   and I got his herbal mix medicine for my father.He told me that his herbal mix medicine will help my Dad to reduce the abnormal protein fold inside his neurons,and regulate the nutrients and molecules in his body system,and as well stop the progressive disorder that build up in damaging his brain cells,and help his weak cells  that causes  brain shrinking to function well,its a good herbal drinks for cell reparing.This doctor James is super great man and his herbal mix medicine is wonderful and works effectively as he said,with no side effects. It's been 4 years and my Dad is perfectly okay and back to his laboratory work even at old age. For your loved ones with Alzheimer or Dementia, take them off English medicine and use Dr. James herbal mix medicine for treatment. if you have any kinds of health challenges  or diseases such as..Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Lung Cancer,Breast Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresS sclerosis,Seizures,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases ,Copd,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis,Lupus,Cushing’s disease,Heart failure,Multiple Sclerosis,Hypertension,Lyme Disease,Blood Cancer,Brain Cancer,Breast Cancer,Lung Cancer,Kidney Cancer, HIV/AIDS, Herpes Virus,Hepatitis B, Liver Inflammatory,Diabetes,Fibroid. just reach him on his Email  [drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com].   and get your permanent cure.he's a good man and he will help you.

    ReplyDelete